Happy New Year! I have decided to attempt to continue my blog again this year, last year it didn't work so well, but lets not dwell on the past! 2013 had its ups and downs for me. I moved out of my home that I had shared with the ex husband and our kids, after almost 13 years of living there and being on my own, and moved in.. brace yourself... with my parents! Its like being 16 all over again! Its been ok, my parents are great, but I guess like any "room mates" you have those days when you really want to get out of the house and be independent. I am struggling with this now! I was on my own for almost 14 years and it is so hard to go back home. I feel like I cant invite friends over, because "mom and dad" want to go to bed, or I cant lay around on the couch and be lazy, because its mom and dads couch, not mine. In time it will be better, I have a goal, I do not plan to be there forever, just to pay off debt from the divorce... which has been 2 years this June!!! Crazy how fast that flew by, and yet its still not easy to get along with the ex. We try. We have both moved on, and yet there is so much hatred, its hard to believe there was ever love there. As for the kids, they are doing great! They started a new school last August, it is such a different school from before. Living in East Mesa, the demographics were different, so the kids have been introduced to a multitude of different people, and its actually been a good change. Colten is playing flag football, won the 1st championship last Dec, and actually starting the new season today. So we will see how that goes! Kelsey is growing like a weed! She is so smart, and sassy, and I just don't know where she gets it from! :) They have become my little buddies, my hiking pals.
I am in a really good place in life this year ( I know its only 2 days into the year) But mid 2013 started an upward spiral for me. Letting go of the old house, with all the old memories, some good, some bad. Letting go of the guy I was dating at the time, who I now see was not good for me, and not someone I should've been with. Because I was with someone that was so bad for me, I realized what I didn't want, and I found something I needed in my life.. a good man.. One that loves me, and my kids. After the ex boyfriend moved away, I moped and cried and had to pick up the pieces of my broken heart. It was so very hard, hard because I know he was a rebound from the divorce and I was dealing with the same heartache all over again, the heartache of losing the father of my kids after 16yrs together, and then someone I thought that loved me, but in reality, loved the idea of me, and having a roof over his head. I decided to add a dating app on my phone, Lame as it may be, it was a good thing. I chatted and talked to a few "ok" guys, tons of "losers" that I would never want to speak to again and felt like I had to sterilize my phone because they were on it!!! And then there was ONE... someone I went to high school with, I happened to see his face, and thought YAY!! He's single!!! So I facebooked him, and the rest is history! We went out on so many AMAZING dates, perfect dates, the kind that you see in a movie, or read in a book. He has made me so happy! Made me smile again!! Life is good, so good! I am happy, looking forward to what the future holds for me! Cant wait to get this year started on a great note, and continue that way! Hope you all have a great day!! Til next time.. kisses Amy

We have our Amy back.
ReplyDelete